Marlon Wayans Speaks On Oscars Slap: “It Was Like Watching Two Brothers Fight”

As a guest on The Breakfast Club on Thursday, Marlon Wayans expressed his reaction to Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the 2022 Academy Awards (April 21). In an interview with the hosts, the comedian revealed that he has personal relationships with both men. "They're both my friends," Wayans explained. "It was difficult for me. It felt like I was watching two brothers fight. It's difficult for me because I've known Will for 20 years. I've known Chris Rock since I was 12 years old. For me, it was as simple as saying, 'Yo.' I had no idea what had happened. Because I'm a brother, I felt bad. 'I felt bad for Tony Rock and Jordan as a brother.' Because by doing so, Will, you are calling into question my loyalty." Marlon Wayans Speaks On Oscars Slap: “It Was Like Watching Two Brothers Fight” — He went on to say that the slap should not have happened for reasons other than brotherhood, citing Chris Rock's size in comparison to Will Smith's and both men's acting resume. "You can't hit Chris because he made a joke." Chris is his name. Chris tells jokes because that's what he does and he's too small. "You play action movies, I Am Legend, and you do behind-the-back pushups, pull-ups, and weight lifting," he said, acting out the exercise motions. "Chris is a crackhead. This n***a's heaviest lift was a crack pipe in New Jack City. Why would you hit Chris Rock, a child? 'That n***a gangsta,' I'd say if Will slapped The Rock. You can't hit Chris Rock, he's too small. That, as I previously stated, is difficult for me because I adore them. Wayans later elaborated on how he thinks the incident will affect Chris Rock's career. "I know Chris is hurt and humiliated as a result of what happened and transpired." But he will be better as a result of this. There is nothing worse for a comedian than public humiliation. Because learning to deal with that, now you're out there, you've got these jokes, and you're building a bigger, better you." Will Smith has resigned from the Academy, apologized to Chris Rock on social media, and has been barred from attending Academy events for the next decade. Chris Rock has yet to address the slap directly in public, only mentioning it in passing during a recent comedy show. Watch the full interview with Marlon Wayans on The Breakfast Club below. Get iN Here!!🚨
http://dlvr.it/SP91y4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barry Jhay - Aiye

RichPrince – Akoredele (Song) (feat. Barry Jhay)

DJ Big N - How Many Times (feat. Ayra Starr, Oxlade)